WRTI Top Stories
Join us on Sunday, Nov. 27 at 1 p.m. on WRTI 90.1, and Monday, Nov. 28 at 7 p.m. on WRTI HD-2 when our Philadelphia Orchestra in Concert broadcast brings you “American Masters,” from October of the Orchestra’s 2021/2022 season, conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin.
Have a joyous Thanksgiving with WRTI: We're serving up Classical specials and second helpings of JazzThere's always so much to prepare for Thanksgiving, but one thing you can check off your "To Do" list is finding just the right music for your holiday celebration. WRTI has that taken care of! So, be our guest all day long.
Mick Goodrick was an understated figure who recorded infrequently as a leader. Yet he was, in every way that mattered, a guitar hero. His death at 77 sparked many tributes from guitarists who learned from him, including this appraisal by David R. Adler.
The Pulitzer Prize-winning composer and diarist died Friday at age 99. Although he won the Pulitzer for an orchestral work, he was most celebrated for his huge body of art songs — over 500 in all.
'Make It Merry,' which arrives in the midst of a 23-city tour, is Harry Connick, Jr.'s fourth Christmas album. He talked about the message and mechanics of his whole holiday enterprise with WRTI's Nate Chinen.
After a kickoff weekend at SOUTH Jazz Kitchen, the Outsiders Improvised & Creative Music Festival continues at the Painted Bride Art Center, and in VR.
The nominations are in for the 65th Grammy Awards, to be held on Feb. 5, 2023. Here are a few takeaways from the Classical and Jazz fields.
Join us on Sunday, Nov. 20 at 1 p.m. on WRTI 90.1, and Monday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. on WRTI HD-2 when our Philadelphia Orchestra in Concert series brings you a stunning performance recorded live in April, 2022. Stéphane Denève conducts.
WRTI Video Spotlight
Watch Cuban-American cellist and ASTRAL artist Thomas Mesa perform Andrea Casarrubios's Seven.
Latest Classical from NPR Music
- In the devastation of climate change, Daniel Bachman captures what's left behind
- Sheku Kanneh-Mason: Tiny Desk Concert
- When she left Ukraine, an opera singer made room for a most precious possession
- What's making us happy: A guide to your weekend listening and viewing
- Evgueni Galperine, 'Loplop im Wald'
Latest Jazz from NPR Music
- Nate Smith + Kinfolk, with strings, live at Crosstown Arts
- Influential jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal has released a pair of archival albums
- 'Revival' captures drummer Elvin Jones as a nascent bandleader finding his voice
- Gal Costa, piercing voice of Brazil's Tropicália movement, has died at 77
- Svaneborg Kardyb, 'Over Tage'