The celebrated cello maestro Yo-Yo Ma kicks off a two-week Philadelphia Orchestra celebration of John Williams' music for concert hall and film this week, and Sunday’s concert will be broadcast LIVE at 2 PM here on WRTI. The centerpiece of this program will be John Williams’ Cello Concerto, written specifically for Yo-Yo Ma, at the suggestion of Seiji Ozawa.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- Yehudi Menuhin's Potent Blend Of Music, Humanism And Politics
- In Children's Music, Diana Panton Finds A Few Lessons For Adults
- Henry Threadgill Wins Music Pulitzer For 'In For A Penny, In For A Pound'
- Is Battle Fatigue Over? The Met Rehires A Banned Soprano
- Cellist And Conductor Allegedly Helped Russians Move Billions Of Dollars